How do I enroll my student at North Star?
Enrollment is currently open for Fall 2019. We are not full for the 2019-2020 school year at this time.
Tours for prospective families:
August 20th at 10:00-11:00 am (...in time for club registration on Aug. 22)
August 30th at 10:00-11:00 am (...will be able to register for clubs that still have openings)
North Star evaluates available openings once per quarter and will post any available openings on the following dates:
- August 19, 2019
- November 1, 2019
- January 17, 2020
- April 17, 2020 Openings posted for fall
The office will be closed as of Friday, June 14th, but will reopen on Monday, August 19th. The district office will be open all summer. We will be offering a tour for interested families on August 20th.
4th Quarter 2019
Enrollment paperwork accepted for Fall 2019-2020 now
Steps to Enrollment at North Star (details below)
- Research our school
- Come to a tour:
- Schedule and complete interview
- Complete enrollment packet
- Schedule and attend WSLP and access materials
- Register for clubs
Research our school~
- Review the website, especially the pages under "About our Program" Make sure to contact the office if you have any questions that this website does not adequately answer: 509-465-7730. If your child is transferring to North Star from another Mead District school, some of your paperwork is already completed. Please contact the office.
August 21st at 9 am (...in time for club registration on Aug. 22)
September 4th at 2:30 pm (...will be able to register for clubs that still have openings)
- Register for clubs
- When this is complete, your students can be registered for clubs. Students began registering for our first semester clubs in late August and our second-semester clubs in the middle of January. However, we enroll students all year long until May. Although your students may not get their first choice of club activities, when their enrollment is complete, they will be able to pick from the classes that are not full.
If you plan to independently homeschool until you enroll at North Star, WA State requires a "Declaration of Intent" to homeschool. We have copies in our office and a downloadable version below.
- Coming from a Mead school district school? You may skip the online Mead District Enrollment Paperwork.
Go directly to the required North Star documents attached below
- First time enrolling in a Mead District school? First, fill out the Mead District Enrollment Paperwork online at this link.
Then fill out the required North Star documents attached below.
North Star documents (attached below)
Which documents do I need to fill out?
All Families (for each child):
- Health Emergency Form Form
- Network Contract
- Letter to Instructor
- Records Request
- Parent Contract Elementary (for each student K-6)
- Parent Contract Secondary (for each student 7-12)
- Food allergy form if your child has allergies
- Secondary student contract (for students in grades 7-12)
- Statement of Understanding
Families who live WITHIN the Mead School District:
- In-district Elementary Transfer or Secondary Transfer form
Families who live OUTSIDE the Mead School District
- OODT 19-20 (Out-of-district Elementary or Secondary form)
- North Star Choice Transfer Request
Families who plan to independently homeschool until they enroll at North Star
- Declaration of intent to provide home-based education.