How do I enroll my student at North Star?
North Star evaluates available openings once per quarter and will post any available openings on the following dates:
- November 1, 2019: We currently have no more openings and are not accepting applications.
- January 17, 2020
- April 3, 2020 Openings posted for fall
Next tour for prospective families:
Friday, April 3rd at 10:00-11:00 am Please RSVP at 465-7730
Steps to Enrollment at North Star (details below)
- Research our school
- Come to a tour: Friday, April 3rd at 10:00-11:00 am
- Schedule and complete interview
- Complete enrollment packet
- Schedule and attend WSLP and access materials
- Attend orientation
- Register for clubs
Research our school~
- Review the website, especially the pages under "About our Program" Make sure to contact the office if you have any questions that this website does not adequately answer: 509-465-7730. If your child is transferring to North Star from another Mead District school, some of your paperwork is already completed. Please contact the office.
November 21st at 10:00-11:00 am (...will be able to register for clubs that still have openings)
- Register for clubs
- When this is complete, your students can be registered for clubs. Students began registering for our first semester clubs in late August and our second-semester clubs in the middle of January. However, we enroll students all year long until May. Although your students may not get their first choice of club activities, when their enrollment is complete, they will be able to pick from the classes that are not full.
If you plan to independently homeschool until you enroll at North Star, WA State requires a "Declaration of Intent" to homeschool. We have copies in our office and a downloadable version below.
First, fill out the Mead District Enrollment Paperwork online at this link.
Then fill out the required North Star documents attached below.
North Star documents (attached below)
Which documents do I need to fill out?
All Families (for each child):
- Health Emergency Form Form
- Network Contract
- Letter to Instructor
- Records Request
- Parent Contract Elementary (for each student K-6)
- Parent Contract Secondary (for each student 7-12)
- Food allergy form if your child has allergies
- Secondary student contract (for students in grades 7-12)
- Statement of Understanding
Families who live WITHIN the Mead School District:
- Elementary IntraDistrict Transfer OR
- Secondary IntraDistrict Transfer form
Families who live OUTSIDE the Mead School District
- Out of District Non-resident Transfer form
- North Star Choice Transfer Request
Families who plan to independently homeschool until they enroll at North Star
- Declaration of intent to provide home-based education.