How do I enroll my student at North Star?
North Star evaluates available openings once per quarter and will post any available openings on the following dates:
- March 16, 2020 We are currently accepting applications for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in fall enrollment.
She will respond as soon as possible.
Next tour for prospective families:
More news soon. This is dependent on district and state policy during the current closure.
Steps to Enrollment at North Star (details below)
- Research our school
- Come to a tour: As soon as it is available...This is dependent on district and state policy during the current closure.
- Schedule and complete interview
- Complete enrollment packet
- Schedule and attend WSLP and access materials
- Attend orientation
- Register for clubs
Research our school~
- Review the website, especially the pages under "About our Program" Make sure to contact the office if you have any questions that this website does not adequately answer: 509-465-7730. If your child is transferring to North Star from another Mead District school, some of your paperwork is already completed. Please contact the office.
Come to a tour:
- Arrange your calendar for your child(ren) and at least the teaching parent, to tour our campus and meet with our director.
- Sign background release of information
Schedule and complete interview
- We will talk and see if this program is a good fit in terms of what North Star requires and what your family needs. If enrollment is approved, you may begin the paperwork.
Complete enrollment packet
- Complete enrollment paperwork detailed below. District forms are completed online. North Star required documents can be downloaded below. Please print them out and hand in the hard copies at :
North Star School Mead
10220 N. Nevada
Spokane, WA 99218
Schedule and attend WSLP
- Schedule a meeting to create a Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP). It requires about 1 hour per child. The teaching parent and child(ren) will attend a WSLP meeting.
- The teaching parent will attend a new family orientation, where we will cover: the rules, practices, and routines of North Star; how to complete curriculum orders; understanding requirements and laws; the requirements of a WSLP and more.
- Register for clubs
- When this is complete, your students are ready to be registered for clubs. Students begin registering for our first semester clubs in late August. However, we enroll students all year long as openings become available and students will be able to pick from the clubs that are not full.
If you plan to independently homeschool until you enroll at North Star, WA State requires a "Declaration of Intent" to homeschool. We have copies in our office and a downloadable version below.
First, fill out the Mead District Enrollment Paperwork online at this link.
Then fill out the required North Star documents attached below.
North Star documents (attached below)
Which documents do I need to fill out?
All Families (for each child):
- Health Emergency Form Form
- Network Contract
- Letter to Instructor
- Records Request
- Parent Contract Elementary (for each student K-6)
- Parent Contract Secondary (for each student 7-12)
- Food allergy form if your child has allergies
- Secondary student contract (for students in grades 7-12)
- Statement of Understanding
Families who live WITHIN the Mead School District:
- Elementary IntraDistrict Transfer OR
- Secondary IntraDistrict Transfer form
Families who live OUTSIDE the Mead School District
- Out of District Non-resident Transfer form
- North Star Choice Transfer Request
Families who plan to independently homeschool until they enroll at North Star
- Declaration of intent to provide home-based education.